Weight gain or obesity causes enough discomfort to a person as it reduces the flexibility of the body and restricts the mobility to a great extent. These effects become more pronounced with aging. Obesity is a rising concern across the globe, and it is the root cause of many chronic diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes. Abnormal weight gain results in high blood cholesterol, which results in hyper tension and diabetes.
A person with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 18.5 to 25 is considered to be normal. BMI provides the standard measurement of a person’s bodyweight, which is calculated by dividing the total body weight (in kg.) by the square of the height (in m.). A person with BMI greater than 25 is slightly overweight, and a person with BMI greater than 30 is obese.
1. Nutritional imbalance caused due to over eating and eating the wrong kind of food. 2. Sedentary life style
4. Certain drugs like contraceptives, steroids, anti depressants etc.
5. Too much stress and tension increases the craving for high calorie food.
6. Fluid retention in the body caused due to some serious disease.
7. Hormonal imbalances cause weight gain in many women. 8. Genetic factors
Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Controlling body weight does not require any medical attention, and the body can be kept in shape by making some beneficial adjustments in life.
1. Alteration in the daily diet is the first important step in controlling obesity. Reducing the intake of sugar and refined food and including plenty of high fiber food and lean protein helps in faster reduction of the body weight.
2. Drinking about 2-3 liters of water per day keeps the body hydrated, and reduces the craving for food.
3. Squeeze the juice of a lime in glass of warm water and add a teaspoonful of honey in it. Drink it every morning in empty stomach. This is a very good fat burner and helps in reducing obesity.
4. Green tea with high concentration of EGCG (the potent ingredient) is also very useful in reducing body weight. Drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily to get the best results.
5. Include salads, fruits and nuts in your snacks instead of burgers and sandwiches. This will provide the body with vital nutrients and help in reducing weight. Try for brown bread sandwiches and avoid mayonnaise and salad dressings.
6. Adopting a regular physical regime is the most vital factor that contributes in fat reduction. Practicing yoga postures, brisk walking helps in weight reduction and tones up the body.
Read more about Home Remedies for Weight Loss. Also know effective Home Remedies for Ringworm. Read useful Home Remedies for Rheumatism.
If you liked this article and you would certainly such as to obtain more details pertaining to how to lose weight kindly check out the website.